Watch LCHF JOURNEY ROADMAP video, click hereYou’re doing the same things – you’re exercising the same, you’re eating the same foods, and yet you’re not losing any more weight. Welcome to the plateau!
When you’re stuck in a plateau and unable to move forward, here are a few things that will give you a gentle kick in the butt and help you move again.
1. Check if you’re letting refined/unhealthy carbs creep into your food.
2. Increase the amount of fat intake per day. I do this by adding butter to my hot meal just before I eat. Do this for a period of time till you hit the next plateau.
3. Include some form of movement – slow walking, cycling etc. around 5 days a week. Do this for a period of time till you hit the next plateau. (If you’re already doing this go to the next step).
4. Include one of these forms of exercise about twice a week
- Strength training
- Resistance training
- Eccentric exercises
Aerobic may not be as helpful as we may believe. (Read more). Do this for a period of time till you hit the next plateau.
5. Fast! Yes, I’m serious… Fast!
In fact, I would suggest this as point number 3, but I didn’t because most people get shocked at the idea of fasting.
If you’re scared or depressed at the mention of fasting, you have no clue how easy it is when you’re on LCHF WOE. It’s not only easy, it’s highly beneficial. No wonder, all religions advocate some type of fasting. Pre-LCHF, I rarely fasted. Even when I forced myself to fast for spiritual reasons, I quite defeated the purpose by thinking about food during the time I’m supposed to be meditating and praying. But now, it’s so easy. I’m doing it to reduce fasting glucose and fasting insulin numbers.
Here are my videos on fasting
Here’s an entire blog series on fasting by Dr. Jason Fung
Here’s more knowledge on fasting
Here’s knowledge on how to reverse diabetes by fasting
Watch LCHF JOURNEY ROADMAP video, click here